|YAWN Happy Tears artwork|
- Lollapalooza has launched its Lolla Remix Throwdown" contest for 2012, offering entrants the chance to win a spot on Perry's Stage at the fest in August and other prizes. Check out the details here.
- YAWN is planning the release of a new EP. It's called Happy Tears and will be out June 20th on FeelTrip Records. For a YAWN refresher, check out our review of last year's full-length Open Season. In other news with the band, you'll be able to catch them at Wicker Park Fest on July 28th.
- Mutts want to release a double LP titled Separation Anxiety/Object Permanence, and they've started a Kickstarter project to help fund it.
- Fernet-Branca kicked off a contest aimed at local musicians that seems pretty worth entering. The top three finalists win $500 and perform at Reggies on June 10th, after which a winner is selected and moves onto a national round, where they have a chance to win VIP passes to Pitchfork Music Festival, an opening gig at the Fernet-Branca aftershow and more. Entries can be submitted through this Facebook app.
- Details have been released for the 4th annual Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival, which is set for July 20-22 in Logan Square. Main stage music headliners include Disappears, NOMO and Ana Tijoux. Check out the fest's site for more info.