If you're looking to catch some live music in an outdoor fest setting in Chicago this weekend, you have plenty to choose from thanks to the Taste of Chicago, which kicks off today, and West Town's second annual Green Music Fest, which runs Saturday and Sunday. For more information on cool bands to check out at each, see our respective posts here and here. If the unforgiving weather of late has you all shaken up and someplace with a roof and four walls is more your speed, there are quite a few great free-standing shows to choose from, too. Here are a few picks:
Friday, June 25
- Ween at Aragon Ballroom - 9 p.m., $29.75, 18 and over. Tickets.
- Crooked Fingers at Schubas with Small Awesome - 7 p.m., $14, 21 and over. Tickets.
Saturday, June 26
- My Gold Mask at Hideout with Brilliant Pebbles - 9 p.m., $8 advance, $10 at door, 21 and over. Tickets.
- Maps & Atlases at Subterranean with Fang Island - 10 p.m., $12, 17 and over. Tickets.
- Woven Bones at Empty Bottle with Red Mass, Mickey and Radar Eyes - 9 p.m., $8, 21 and over. Tickets.
Sunday, June 27
- Steel Train at Lincoln Hall with Jukebox the Ghost and Via Audio - 7 p.m. $13 advance, $15 at door, all ages. Tickets.
- Zola Jesus at Schubas with Dada Trash Collage and Jabon - 8 p.m., $8, 21 and over. Tickets.