Friday, June 26
- The Appleseed Cast at Subterranean - The Kansas-based band will headline this "Emerging Artists Showcase," which also features local acts Brighton, MA and Hotel Ahead. The Appleseed Cast released their seventh album, Sagarmatha, earlier this year. Doors at 9 p.m., show at 9:30 p.m., $12, 17 and over. More info and tickets.
- Kid, You'll Move Mountains at Taste of Chicago - Stop by the Taste Friday afternoon to check out a set from this up and coming local indie pop/rock act. The band recently released their debut LP, Loomings. Check an interview with the band's Jim Hanke on a recent edition of the Chicago indie-focused Indiesomnia. 2:30 p.m. at the Taste Stage on the corner of Balbo and Columbus.
- Pet Lions at Metro - This band plays some of the finest, catchiest indie pop out of the Windy City today. They recently released their duet LP, Soft Right, reviewed here. Doors at 8 p.m., show at 9 p.m., $8 (free before 9), 18 and over. More info and tickets.
Saturday, June 27 and Sunday, June 28
- Shellac at Bottom Lounge - The Chicago mainstays will bring their unconventional brand of minimalist rock to Bottom Lounge on both Saturday and Sunday. Also featuring Bear Claw and Three Second Kiss. 8 p.m., $12, 21 and over. More info and tickets.
- Sonic Youth at The Vic - The classic alt-rockers will play the Vic on both Saturday and Sunday in support of their latest album, The Eternal, released early this month. 7 p.m., $29. More info and tickets. (As of publication, only Saturday tickets are available).
- Miss Derringer at Subterranean - This LA band is in town as part of a tour to support their upcoming record, Winter Hill, which they describe as exploring "the dark and oft-times twisted outlaw landscape of punk disaffectation, New Wave disdain, 50s girl-group attitude and hip-shaking pop." Doors at 10 p.m., show at 10:30 p.m. $10, 17 and over.More info and tickets.