Friday, February 27
- The Appleseed Cast with Giants, Or So It Goes and Color Radio at Bottom Lounge - Kansas-based "post rockers" Appleseed Cast released their seventh full-length, the mostly intsrumental "Sagarmatha," this month. Check out an interview with the band published today by Jim DeRogatis of the Sun-Times. 8 p.m., $12 advance, $15 day of show, 18 and over. More info and tickets.
- Fermata at Uncommon Ground - Hailing from Madison, Wisconsin, Fermata is an acoustic rock band consisting of everything from upright bass, violin and viola to mandolin, banjo, accordion and acoustic guitar, all pulled together by powerful female vocals. 10 p.m. More info.
Saturday, February 28
- These Arms are Snakes with Darker My Love and All the Saints at Subterranean - These Arms are Snakes are a Seattle-based experimental "post hardcore" (so many "post" bands...) band that have released three albums, most recently last year's "Tail Swallower and Dove." 9:30 p.m., $10, 17 and over. More info and tickets.
- moe. at the Riviera Theatre - Formed in 1990, moe. have long been one of the leading progressive/jam bands on the scene. They have released nine proper studio albums in addition to a collection of live albums, accumulating a devoted fan base along the way. Doors 7 p.m, show 8 p.m., $26.50. Also on Friday. More info and tickets.
Sunday, March 1
- Soft Targets with Mean Ohio and Beautiful Leper at Empty Bottle - Soft Targets are an indie rock/punk band from Chicago that recently released a new album called "Soft Targets Must be Destroyed!" Mean Ohio and Beautiful Leper are also local. 9:30 p.m., $3. More info and tickets.