Friday, November 14
- The Handcuffs, The Bon Mots and Le Concorde at Abbey Pub - The Handcuffs, described earlier this week by Jim DeRogatis of the Sun-Times as "drawing on a range of glam and cool pop influences from David Bowie to Blondie to Britpop," will celebrate the release of their new CD, "Electroluv." You also get two other quality local bands, The Bon Mots and Le Concorde. 8 p.m., $6 advance, $8 at door. More info and tickets.
- The Fleshtones with The Hentchmen and Moto at Bottom Lounge - A classic New York City garage rock band, The Fleshtones debuted at CBGB in 1976 and have since released a hefty amount of records, including this year's "Take a Good Look." 8 p.m., $12 advance, $15 at door. More info and tickets.
- Ben Weasel with The Challenged and The Girls at Reggie's - Local punk mainstay Weasel will play two shows at Reggie's this weekend, kicking things off Friday evening. 5 p.m., $15. More info and tickets. Also Saturday at 2 p.m.
Saturday, November 15
- The Sea and Cake with Death Vessel at Empty Bottle - Local indie rockers The Sea and Cake will also play two shows, both on Saturday. Last month the band released their eighth LP, "Car Alarm." 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. $16 advance, $18 at door. More info and tickets.
- Deerhunter with Times New Viking and Disappears at Metro - Atlanta noise rockers Deerhunter are promoting their recently released album, "Microcastle." The first 150 guests (21 and over) to arrive will receive an invitation to the Official MGD After Show Party featuring a special DJ set by the band, and a chance to win autographed Deerhunter merchandise. 6 p.m., $17. More info and tickets.